Leading the charge. Inspiring the change.
Women United is an affinity group for women of color defined as:
- A diversity initiative to think differently about communities of color in Kent County.
- A way to harness the power of women and grow into a group that reflects this community
- A way to build and establish better relationships
- An opportunity to optimize collaboration with a diverse group of phenomenal women
Why join Women United?
- Support our journey to better connect, understand and represent communities of color in Kent County.
- Be a part of the development and implementation of the vision with real strategies to create better connections.
- Be a champion and part of this foundational work to guide United Way into the future.
- Become a united force of women leaders who are engaged in philanthropy, volunteerism, advocacy, and making meaningful, lasting change in our community
Change is only possible when there is a vast and organized network that can lift up proven strategies and bring them to communities.
- Monthly meetings to learn about United Way’s focus and impact in the community.
- Hear from community leaders and staff about the issues facing our community.
- Visit key agency partners that are integral in doing the work fueled by the Community Investment Fund.
- Be a voice to affect change by setting a strong example for others to follow and join.
- Make an impact as a group of influential women through volunteer opportunities.
June 21 - AM or PM Shifts: Volunteer and engage in the Food From the Heart opportunity.
July 22 2:00 - 6:00pm: Women United Social Gathering
July 26 1:00 - 2:30 PM: We will discuss women’s views of community issues and experiences. What are your passions as it relates to United Way focus areas and those issues?
August 7 or 8 1:00 - 2:30 PM: We will volunteer and engage with Stuff the Bus activities.
September 14: Engage in Day of Caring
October 25 1:00 - 2:30 PM: Discuss the focus areas and the issues the group is interested in supporting, and establish the goals of the group.
November 29 Evening Event: Celebrate with all United Way affinity groups at an end of the year holiday party!
December: Happy Holidays - No meeting
Questions? Email Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.