Michigan Benefit Access
The Michigan Association of United Ways (MAUW) developed the Michigan Benefits Access project to increase economic sufficiency for Michigan families through several strategies to assure households eligible are receiving the public benefits they qualify for. MAUW has collaborated with the Michigan Department of Human Services to empower families utilizing or needing benefits to utilize the MIBridges online system to:
- Apply for food and energy benefits
- View their upcoming appointments
- Check the status of their application
- Check all of the DHS benefit programs
Heart of West Michigan United Way works closely with the Kent County Department of Human Services to support the role out and understanding of MIBridges by:
- Providing information about utilizing MIBridges through our 2-1-1 service.
- Scheduling the AmeriCorps Community Resource Navigator to "coach" clients in utilizing MIBridges
- Scheduling the AmeriCorps Community Resource Navigator to train staff at community agencies in utilizing MIBridges
If you have questions, would like more information or are interested in getting involved with the MIBridges system, please contact 2-1-1.